School Big Match Cricket Season 2013 in Sri Lanka.
The Annual School cricket matches between rival schools is a very popular event in Sri Lanka. Many of the annual `big’ matches are held in March and the most famous and awaited of these all is the annual Royal – Thomian cricket match. Big Matches form an important part of modern Sri Lankan culture with both school children and adults taking part in much of the activity that is part of the annual matches.
- The 134th Battle of Blues Big Match cricket encounter between Royal College and S. Thomas’ College will take place at the Sinhalese Sports Club SSC ground on March 7, 8 and 9 2013.
- The 84th Battle of Maroons Big Match cricket encounter between Ananda and Nalanda College will take place at the SSC ground on March 2 and 3 2013. The One Day Encounter is on 10th March at SSC Ground Colombo.
- The Big Match cricket encounter between Mahanama and DS will take place at the P saravanamuttu ground on March 22 and 23 2013. The One Day Encounter is on 30th March at SSC Ground Colombo.
How long have they been playing?The Richmond–Mahinda Cricket Encounter is an annual cricket big match played between the first XI cricket teams of Richmond College and Mahinda College in Galle, Sri Lanka. It is one of the longest cricket match series in Sri Lanka, having been played for 106 years. The match is also known as the "Lovers' Quarrel" in public and it is played at the Galle International Stadium. Lovers' Quarrel was begun in 1905.
- Royal–Thomian (1879 – present)
- Dharmaraja–Kingswood (1893 – present)
- Richmond–Mahinda (1905 – present)
- Trinity-Anthony’s (1914–present)
- Ananda-Nalanda (1924 – present)
- St Peter's-St. Joseph's (1933 – present)
- Maliyadeva-St. Anne's (1959 – present)
- Thurstan-Isipathana (1964–present)